Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Plan-Update

Okay, it has been a few days since I started working to focus on my writing. I've thought on how I can individualize it to my writing style. I don't normally worry about getting my 'word count' up there, because I do spend a lot of time editing, and reediting a paragraph. How can I be happy about working those same 100 words for one hour? Well, I'm not going to stress over that!

I am choosing to rate each time I work. On a 1-10 scale, 1 being a very distracted writing session, which I should give up writing and relax on other things, to a 10. A 10 being a totally focused, I accomplished a lot session. So, my goal at the end of each day should be 2 high numbers. The first number being the approximate hours worked each day.

I'll let you know at the end of the week, how I fare.

Oh and if I didn't mention it, this is not a 'you do it and you are automatically like Nora Roberts", it is a constant evaluation and reevaluation of your time and effort.

Keep The Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment