Friday, February 3, 2012

Multi-tasking

I have a list of things I want to do. Read more, write more, exercise more, clean more, cook more. I can add things all day long, but I will always have only 24 hours in a day. Notice I didn't put on the list 'go to work more', but since I need to eat and pay the power bill, I have to include work in my things to do.

Many people are great multi-taskers. I'm not one of those people. If I try to do too much, I forget something and it never gets done. I do better at picking one task and completing it before moving on. The many projects around the house left unfinished proves this.

I recently read a comment from a blog that inspired me to merge two important things. Sorry to say I don't remember which blog. It took a while for me to realize what she did, I can also do.The comment was that she built a stand over her treadmill to hold her laptop. So, as she is writing, she can walk slowly, thus getting her exercise also.

I got up this morning, prepared to pull out my unused treadmill. As I enter my dining room, where several unused exercise equipment is stored, I see it will nearly take an act of congress to move everything around in order to use it. But, I see my exercycle, sitting much closer to the doorway. I also have a laptop table, sitting in the bathroom, unused. (Yes, getting rid of unused items has been on my to do list a while)

So, for the last three hours, I  have been exercising and writing. Okay, so half that time I've been surfing the web and exercising. But the point of this blog is. Look to see how you can accomplish more in a smaller time frame.


Keep the Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment