Friday, May 18, 2012

Rejections

I received my first rejection today. Oddly, I'm not upset by it. It was for my submission for Fast Track. A thought just crossed my mind. By referring to it as my 'first rejection' is that setting me up for a second and third? Not sure, but just like baseball players wear the same pair of socks to every game, I'm going to be superstitious and say my 'only rejection'.

It was really nice. They had a paragraph talking about how they read it with interest(the doubter in me wonders if they really did). They went on to say my style and voice show potential.

Their main concern is that I did not set up the romance fast enough. This is something I'll have to mull over.

If they aren't interested, I'm not sure I will change the story for them.  I will however keep going on it, with a fire under my butt, to get it done.

Has anyone else had an equally happy experience concerning a rejection?

What about a horrible rejection? Was it so bad you wondered if they were even talking about your submission?

Keep the Faith


No comments:

Post a Comment