Thursday, April 12, 2012

Book Review -Chasing Earth and Flame by Adonis Devereux

Late last night, I finished reading Chasing Earth and Flame by Adonis Devereux. I was quite irritated because I don't normally stay up that late. I go to bed early so I can get up super early. But this was one of those books I didn't want to put down.

One subject I thought about was there were 'pleasure slaves' in the book. That conjures in my mind someone that may be forced to do something they don't want to do. But none of the slaves acted like they were forced to do anything they didn't want to do. (And this IS a fantasy novel, so I didn't dwell on it too long)

I found some scenes were predictable, but for the most part there were twists and turns that kept my attention. It is definitely a book I would recommend. It is a keeper for me and I will even check out other books from this author.

I'm hoping the author will write a follow up to this novel with Arixus's story. (hint, hint)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading! We hope you enjoy our other stories, too, set in the same world.

    ReplyDelete