Saturday, March 24, 2012

Writing Boot Camp

I've been following the Savvy Authors website for a while now. I took a few workshops and they are super beneficial for giving that little kick to keep writing.

A month or so I saw an article for April Boot Camp. I thought, OMG, who in the world would sign up and put that kind of pressure on themselves. Not me!!

Jump in time several weeks and I get in the mood that I need some help in accountability. I need to write, and that means write when it gets hard. That means write when I have trouble with the plot. That means write when family is demanding my time, but I still have an urge to write.

So, I'm sure you can guess what happens. I run into that article again. Before I could think twice, I signed up. I am in a group and I'm even co-captain. That means I help the captain collect the daily word counts and submit them. 

I just read over some rules. Daily, the word count for every team member is added up and divided by total participants for that day. So, this means one person can help the team and one person can bring down a team. Wow, talk about pressure.

http://www.savvyauthors.com/vb/content.php?1905-Special-Event-Savvy-Authors-April-Boot-Camp

I'll let you know how it goes. Here's the link for anyone else interested in a giant kick in the butt.

Keep the Faith

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know how to contact you, but I want you to know that because you commented on my blog post over at Raven McAllan's, you've won a free copy of "Chasing Earth and Flame". Please contact me as adonis.devereux@gmail.com so I can send you your choice of file, PDF, PRC, or EPUB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I demand a writing bootcamp update!!! :D

    ReplyDelete